Journal - June 15, 2009 (Monday) Day +336 : Living It Up In Lincroft
& Updates

Journal Entries
To See Journal Entires Back in Time (Dating Back to Chemotherapy and Treatments) 
Click "OLDER ENTRIES" Link at Bottom of Page

Journal - June 15, 2009 (Monday) Day +336

by Sheri Nocelli on 06/14/13

I didn't realize it had been so long since I've updated!! Things are going fairly well, I have been weaned off of the Prograf completely for about a week now, which is really amazing, I'm so happy about that. One pill down... lots more to go!  It's been crazy here. We've been swimming (which is something my doctor doesn't actually approve of, but told me I can still do if I'm really careful, stay out of the sun and tell him right away if I feel anything afterwards like ears, throat etc.) So that's the plan. Of course over the past two weeks, no matter how much sun block, even at 50 spf, that I put on, I got a really nice tan (which is actually not good!). So this morning when I saw the doctor, I just came out and said, "I apologize for the tan, I really tried not to get it!" I mean I was literately floating in the pool under an umbrella... so... I don't know how I ended up with this tan, but it sure is even and nice!

    Last week I did something else I've been told not to, and that was to go to Adrian's school for the Kindergarten show. I'm so happy that I was able to go, I've never been to any of his school functions ever and he was so happy. Before they started I went out in the hallway where I saw the kids lining up. I saw Adrian walking by and I knelt down, grabbed his face between my hands and said "Look Adrian, Mommy is here! I'm here to see you sing!" and it clicked, and his face changed into a big smile and he yelled, "Mommy you're here!"…oh my goodness the poor little guy, I've never been there. He was so cute, singing the 10 or so songs, then he came and sat with us for the Kindergarten slide show; it was really cute. Afterwards everyone starting mingling and things got really crowded, so I covered my face and bolted to the nearest exit to get out of the room, and Lucien returned Adrian to his teacher and explained that we had to go because of me.

     It was also the church carnival last week... another situation I should not be near, but the kids could see the rides from their bedroom windows and we could hear people screaming on the rides and the "announcer voice" every night bellowing through our house all night. So the kids knew something was going on. So Wednesday night Mya and her daughter came over and we brought all the kids over while Lucien was teaching. It was so much fun! And not too crowded. Adrian and Mya’s daughter were cute, they went on a bunch of rides together, and then I joined them on the Tilt a Whirl. It was a lot of fun. I felt bad for Lucien, so we went back for a little while on Friday night and got to put Adrian on some more rides. It was not the safest situation for me to be in, but the kids had a really good time and that's what means the world to me.

     Other than that, we've just been recording a lot for the new album. I've been slaving over getting the artwork ready since I've been commissioned by Lucien to do all the art work which will be a mix of acrylic pieces and pointillism. I feel like there's so much work to be done! But it's all fun and I'm happy to be such a big part of the project.

     I saw my doctor this morning, and everything seems to look fine. He mentioned I should start making yearly visits to the dermatologist, OBGYN and eye doctor just as I would later in life, but to start now for early screening. So I have to work on that. My appointment went well, but the doctor was running really late. It ended up when I got outside, my medical transportation had left me there… so I was stranded. I called Lucien who thank goodness was around and he had to cancel some meetings and stuff to come and get me. I was really upset that I had been stranded there. I'm really tired and wanted to get home to rest, and there I was shipwrecked. So I sat outside on a bench, watching people coming and going, trying to figure out who was the patient and who was the visitor; not too hard since I know what to look for. My leg fell asleep and when I saw the van pull around and stood up, fumbled and twisted my ankle.. ahhhh... what a morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I need to make something really positive happen today, because I really need to turn the energy around into something good. Hopefully this week goes smooth and we get a lot done.... and it's only Monday!

Comments (0)

Leave a comment